Monday 27 June 2011

Busy Busy Busy

It's been such a hectic week, can't wait to leave for KL tonight! In the meantime a few things to share.



On Tuesday after work I managed to go to The Teahouse at the Camellia Gardens in Caringbah for high tea. Although a little cold that day, we had a lovely spot on the enclosed balcony looking out onto the gardens:



IMG-20110607-00050



although I think the view would be much nicer in Spring. It was also extremely cold that day and although the enclosed balcony was bearable with no heating, it would probably be more enjoyable with slightly warmer weather.



The tea set was lovely:



IMG-20110607-00049



as was the high tea that came shortly after everyone had arrived:



IMG-20110607-00052



The high tea also includes scones with jam and cream and your first drink - I opted for the hot chocolate which was really good:



IMG-20110607-00055



Not bad for $30 huh! Was a nice afternoon out. The Teahouse is open 7 days a week although high teas must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.



Totally off topic, but I've been trying to get into the habit of getting my nails done at least once a week. But after a horror experience at one of the Vietnamese salons in Hurstville I came to the conclusion that it was well worth the drive going to my favourite salon in Chatswood, Blush Nail Spa. Although Blush charges about one and a half times the price of your normal nail salon, it's one of the cleanest nail spas I've come across in Sydney (due to the high prices I had been wanting to try out the David Jones nail spa in the city but Mr Ng took one look at the cleanliness of the place and told me to stick to Chatswood). What's more, the girls there are MUCH more gentle.



DSCN0088



Blush Nail Spa is located on the Ground floor of Chatswood Chase and is open every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment