Friday 1 July 2011

Products Galore

Ok I admit it, I am a beauty product junkie. I think it all started with my mum constantly reminding me of the importance of facials and good skincare products (her skin btw is fantastic). I always promised myself that once I got a boyfriend I would go for regular facials. So as soon as Mr Ng entered my life, the facials began. And once I convinced him of the importance of a good skin care regimen he told me that when it came to beauty related products, I had an unlimited budget. Mr Ng is probably reading this now and thinking 'BIG mistake' haha..



Over the years I've tried to take good care of my skin (using sunscreen and eye cream religiously since my teens) but the past couple of years I've definitely upped my routine - most probably because the big 3-0 is just around the corner now..and especially since I want to look like this in my 40's:



Rosamund with red Birkin-1



Geez Rosamund Kwan is a babe! (I really should get my ass into shape as well)



Anyways back to the products. Mr Ng always likes to ask silly questions like 'Do you really need that??' (the silly questions only started after he told me I could spend as much as I wanted mind you) so I thought it would be interesting to see just how many products I use on a daily basis.



So it starts in the shower where, if I remember and I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll use a body scrub. At the moment the only one I have is this Sweet Sugar Scrub by L'Occitane which I managed to get half price at the boxing day sales:



Img-thing



but doesn't seem to be available on the L'Occitane site anymore (which was probably why is was on sale, duh). This is actually the very first body scrub I have purchased, it smells great and is very moisturising. But I'm always up for trying different products so I look forward to discovering new ones once I use this all up. Although knowing me I will probably buy a new one and start using that and this one will just collect dust..



On to the body moisturiser. I have just finished using a tube of Burt's Bees Shea Butter and Vitamin E body lotion:



00643-00_l



which I bought at Myer and claims to be fragrence free but actually has a very strong smell! Nothing offensive, but Mr Ng took one whiff and refused to use it. I discovered this one over at A Model Recommends and it certainly has proven to be a very good choice this winter (it claims to have 24 hour moisturisation).



If I happen to have another shower in the evening, I've been trying to use up my Fresh Sugar Acai Age-Delay Body Cream:



Fresh Sugar Acai Body Cream



which I picked up from Sephora in New York last year. Not the most pleasant smelling in my opinion so I probably won't repurchase. But it has also kept my body nicely hydrated this winter, even though I'm pretty positive my age hasn't been delayed with use.



Now to the face. Seeing as the weather is cold I prefer to use a cream cleanser and I have been enjoying the Renewing Rose Cleanser by Aromatherapy Associates:



File_15_22



which I finally managed to get at the Mandarin Oriental spa in KL last month (another A Model Recommends recommendation!). However I'm still undecided if I like this one better or the thicker consistency of one of my all-time favourites, MV Organic's Gentle Cream Cleanser.



Straight after cleansing in the mornings, I use a cotton pad to lightly wipe Ella Bache's Intensive Balancing Lotion over my chin, nose and forehead:



Intensive+Balancing+Lotion



which I find has really helped to control any hormonal breakouts. I then pat La Prairie's Cellular Eye Contour Cream around my eyes:



23553_CellEyeContourCre_OP_295x493



but after having used this for close to five years now I think the effects have slowly died so I will definitely be looking for a replacement once I've finished my pot up.



I've also been applying Lierac's Concentrate Mesolift in the mornings:



MEsolift-2



which I grabbed from Watson's in HK and is a toning radiance serum, followed by whichever moisturiser I'm in the mood for. Over the past few days I've been favouring another Aromatherapy Associates product, the Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser:



File_15_19



and I've gotta say I am in love with the fragrance of this one! Next up is the sunscreen with Shiseido's Sun Protection Eye Cream first:



12516l



which I bought in HK more than two years ago and still seems to be going strong. Then comes the facial sunscreen and although every now and then I like to test different sunscreens out, I ALWAYS come back to Ego's SunSense Daily Face SPF 30+:



Ssaus_dailyface_200ml



I NEVER leave the house without sunscreen on.



And finally, the foundation. As with the moisturiser, I tend to choose which foundation to wear according to my mood and the weather. And I also tend to stick to liquid/gel textures as I find powders too drying for my skin. Over the past week I've cracked open a new one I purchased in KL, Estee Lauder's CyberWhite Brilliant Perfection Advanced Brightening GelCreme Makeup:



120364



which I am really liking. Feels just as light and mosturising as Chantecaille's Just Skin but gives slightly more coverage. I also try to always apply my foundations with Laura Mercier sponges:



Sponges



which I tend to stock up on whenever I am in the States. Applying foundation with my fingers tends to make it 'pill' (probably because I am always in a hurry in the mornings and don't leave enough time for my products to fully sink in), and I just can't be bothered washing my brushes all the time so these sponges are the best.



Right before I walk out the door, I slick on a coat of Fresh's Sugar Rose tinted lip treatment with SPF15 onto my lips



H00001528-L6



as well as a layer of Ella Bache's Handsaver onto the back of my hands



Product_50535_image_40011668.bmp



and I'm good to go :)



But that's just the AM routine, the PM routine is a WHOLE other post!




No comments:

Post a Comment