Friday 22 July 2011

Shopping List for HK

I've been trying so very, very hard not to spend too much money these days as I know all the various payments for the wedding will be coming hard and strong until the Day (which has proven to be quite difficult especially with all the sales that are going on at the moment) . But Mr Ng will be heading to HK tonight for work and it would just be silly not to get him to pick up a few things for me considering the strong AUD!



Decided not to go too overboard with the cosmetics since I'm still working through my KL haul so have only given Mr Ng a list of the basics (La Roche Posay sunscreen, Bioderma Sensibio, Lierac serum). What's more he'll be bringing back the Nano he managed to get for me last month (which I talked about here) so I promised him that would keep me happy for a while hehe.



BUT last trip I was there I was in Harvey Nichols picking up a Smythson of Bond Street cover for my Blackberry when I happened across matching travel wallets, the Marshall:



Pink-1005223



and a more slim version:



Pink-1005217



I've always admired Smythson small leather goods but never realised until I actually owned one why they have such high price tags. Simply put, they are exquisitely made. My Blackberry cover has taken quite a bit of beating and is still in pristine condition.
So this is pretty much my perfect travel wallet - it has enough room to fit in all the papers and documents needed when travelling, it is great quality and most importantly, it is pink.



At the time I didn't purchase it since I only saw it on the last day of our trip and I had gone slightly overboard with the spending already (more on that later). But I still haven't been able to get it out of my mind, which I always take as a sign that I really want it and it's not just a 'want-of-the-day'.



The only downside would be that unfortunately personalised name/initial engraving is not available in Hong Kong (and Harvey Nichols is the only store there where Smythson products are available) but I can live with that.
Now all I have to do is force Mr Ng to make time to drop in to the store to see if it's still available there . But the good thing is he can't give the excuse that he won't be in the area either since he's already told me that he is so happy he'll be able to browse through the HMV store - which is just around the corner of Landmark - for as long as he wants since I won't be there telling him to hurry up, hmpf!




No comments:

Post a Comment