Tuesday 26 July 2011

Bells at Killcare

Mr Ng is currently in HK and travelling to Shanghai tomorrow for work and it sure has been quiet not having him around. The days seem to go by much more slowly..after more than 8 years of dating (and seeing each other pretty much every day except for when one of us is overseas) I'm glad to say that I'm still not sick of seeing him - and I'm hoping that marriage won't change that either!



So while I have all this free time to myself I thought I'd take the opportunity to blog a little about Bells at Killcare on the Central Coast which we visited a few weeks ago and I had booked to commemorate Mr Ng's last birthday as an unmarried man.



Bells-at-killcare-boutique-hotel_7



Whenever I come across articles featuring short, luxury breaks around Sydney, Bells always seems to crop up so I've been wanting to try it for a quite some time now. As much as I enjoy the buzz of city life, I think it's important to just get away from it all every once in a while. And a stay at Bells certainly is getting away from it all, especially when you are greeted with this in your room:



DSC01001



I think the allure of Bells is that guests are left to themselves to just relax and do whatever they wish whenever they choose to. And because the property has only nine suites and two 2-story cottages (although according to their website new villas and suites will be opening later this year), Mr Ng and I never even saw any other guests.



The entrance to our King Spa Suite:



DSC01056



some pictures of the inside:



DSC01003



DSC01002



DSC01005



DSC01004



and the deck:



DSC01059



The highlight for Mr Ng was definitely the fireplace (please forgive the crappy phone camera pic):



IMG-20110709-00147



and I think he went through all the firewood outside the room in his excitement:



DSC01060



My favourite part was having Mr Ng cook us breakfast from the breakfast hampers that are provided to guests every morning:



DSC01007



DSC01008



Although with $450 a night room rates (on weekends), they could've provided a little more bacon..



Some shots from around the property:



DSC01049



DSC01050



DSC01051



DSC01054



Upon check-in, guests are given information about various bush trail walks around the area. But as luck would have it, the night we arrived I was struck down by a severe cold and spent the next couple of days coughing my head off so Mr Ng thought it best we skip the hike. And although the day spa menu looked promising, I was not feeling well enough to try it out.



DSC01055



We did manage to dine at the Manfredi at Bells restaurant on our second night but maybe because I was sick I wasn't too impressed by the dishes there.



Nevertheless, was a truly relaxing couple of nights away and we both really missed the fireplace when we came home.
Next up? Hopefully the Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa in the Blue Mountains, although considering the rates, we might have to wait until after the wedding to treat ourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment