Thursday 28 June 2012

Back! And Guillaume At Bennelong

Arrived back in Sydney two days ago and I've gotta say I'm relieved to be back in this cold weather. I used to crave scorching hot days up until just last year but after this trip I think my tastes have truly changed. Strange. 


Anyways apart from the heat, KL was fun as usual - discovered a new spa, ate quite a bit although not as much as I could've have I think and picked up some good bargains along the way. But more on that later. First, I wanna backtrack to the Queen's birthday long weekend where the whole fam gathered at Guillaume at Bennelong to celebrate my mum's birthday:


IMG_0243


IMG_0213


We opted for the 4 course $140 menu instead of the 8 course $195 degustation menu and having heard mixed reviews of the place I honestly wasn't expecting too much. But I was well and truly plesantly surprised with just how tasty all of the dishes were:


IMG_0223
some kind of 'cheese-y' amuse bouche


IMG_0224


royale of globe artichoke


IMG_0225


oysters


IMG_0226
yellowfin tuna


IMG_0227
duck rillettes


IMG_0229
scallops


IMG_0230
pan fried whole veal sweetbreads


IMG_0231
the lobster (if i remember correctly?) 'special' which sounded so enticing when the waiter described it that the majority of us went ahead and ordered it, thankfully it tasted much better than it looked


IMG_0232
crispy skinned barramundi


IMG_0233
grimaud duck


IMG_0234
palate cleanser


IMG_0235
my awesome 'globe' dessert


IMG_0236
chocolate souffle


IMG_0237
apple tart


IMG_0238
fresh raspberries


IMG_0239
nougat glace


IMG_0240
petit fours which we were too full to eat


Service was a little mixed (one of my cousins actually thinks the waiters put on fake French accents lol) but the food more than made up for it. Super glad we finally managed to try this place.


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment