Thursday 7 June 2012

Life

To say I haven't been in the mood to write about anything lately is an understatement. It has been a truly emotional past couple of weeks, beginning with my Dad breaking the news to all of us that he had prostate cancer. Of course like so many others, I have encountered bad news like this on quite a number of ocassions but never has it hit so close to home. And what I probably find the most devastating is that this happened to someone who I've witnessed on a daily basis for the majority of my life healing others of their illnesses. But after going through a rollercoaster ride of emotions (including alot of anger), I think I've finally come to accept that everything really does happen for a reason and that perhaps this happened to my Dad so that he would actually stop working so damn hard and actually start to enjoy life a little. Being the great doctor that he is, he has started telling his patients that he has cancer and although it is truly sad to see some of their reactions (there have been a few who really started crying when they heard the news), it is good to hear patients wishing him all the best for a change. 


So far the results that have come in could have been much, much worse and we are so thankul for that. It will be a long road to recovery but we are all hoping for the best. And it really has been so touching to know that there are so many people supporting us and praying for my Dad to have a swift recovery.


I've been doing quite a bit of thinking recently what with all that's been happening..and although I realise that the things I blog about seem truly insignificant in the grand scheme of things, it hit me last night that I actually really enjoy writing about the trivialities of my life - it's a good outlet for me I suppose. I came to this realisation when I was answering an email last night from a journalist from the South China Morning Post who contacted Mr Ng and me about our wedding planner experiences and as usual I had so much I wanted to say.  But not only that, I really relish writing about things that I've experienced and things that I feel really passionate about. So I am determined to start getting back into Mr and Mrs Ng, I love documenting what's been happening so I'm going to keep on doing it.


I think it will be good for me. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment