Friday 15 June 2012

Vera Wang Store In Sydney

I'm going to take a little break from food posts to quickly mention that I only just found out on the weekend that Vera Wang has opened her first stand-alone bridal boutique in Sydney! I had booked my parents in at the Intercontinental Hotel for the night and as we were walking through the lobby I noticed a few dresses in a window in the distance that I thought looked very Vera-like. As we got closer I was super excited to see that they actually were Vera dresses and my dad confirmed that the store had only just recently opened (on the 30th May to be exact). After I got my gown my dad seems to be very observant of all things Vera Wang now haha..


As it was late at night the store had already closed but I took a peek inside and it was almost like being transported back to the Madison Avenue store. Although it is much smaller, the colour scheme of the shop is exactly the same and I recognised quite a few of the dresses I had the good fortune of trying on in New York including the one that I almost chose instead of mine (I couldn't spot mine though).


I know there are alot of people out there who are of the opinion that Vera Wang wedding gowns are so 'common' now (somebody actually commented on a picture our photographer took of my dress that "every HK bride seems to wear Vera Wang, don't they wear anything else?") and to each their own, but the experience I had of wearing such a beautiful gown is truly one I will never forget. Kind of makes me wish I could get married again!


VW


Understandably, the Sydney store is by appointment only and their contact details can be found here.


VW2
the only parts of my gown I was able to bring home with me..


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment