Thursday 5 July 2012

Dry Skin Solutions

We are officially in the middle of Winter now as evidenced by the extremely cold (by Sydney standards) weather we've been having this week. And along with the cold comes super dry skin due to those dang heaters and air-conditioners we just can't seem to live without at this time of the year.


So let me introduce you to a handful of products that I've especially been loving this week to bring a little moisture back into my life:


DrySkinProducts


Beginning from the left, Kiehl's Creme de Corps in its original formula (as opposed to the Light-Weight one). I only recently tried this cult product after reading somewhere that it was one of Sarah Murdoch's beauty essentials, and I'm a total sucker for celebrity must-have products. But that aside, it has really proven to be a saviour for my skin this winter. It smells great, feels a little greasy upon application (which I actually love) but sinks in nicely. I've already got a 1L bottle of this ready to go once this 250mL one runs out lol.


Next is Pai's Lotus & Orange Blossom BioAffinity toner for dry, sensitive skin. I actually bought this back in February after the rave review it was given on A Model Recommends but honestly actually forgot about it until I started searching through my products for a more moisturising alternative to my Avene thermal water. I've heard and read from numerous sources that moisturisers penetrate better on damp skin which is why I always spritz my face before applying my moisturiser, and I think this toner gives that little extra moisture which my skin needs right now. It smells yummy too, which is a nice change to fragrance-free Avene.


Probably my favourite of the bunch now, Pai's Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit and Seed Oil. I've previously used this stuff to sucessfully cure itchy, dry patches both on my face and my body however I stopped using it for a bit when my facial skin went all hormonal and could hardly tolerate anything except Avene products. But last week I was starting to notice my face getting more red than usual (think I was wearing a little bit too much makeup on the weekend) and so I switched to using just this oil on my face at night. And as I suspected it would, my redness has really diminished. And because it aborbs so well, it is moisturising without feeling greasy. Love it.


Now that the temperature has dropped a little more today though, I feel like my face needs a bit more protection which brings me to Weleda Baby's Calendula Weather Protection Cream. This has a really thick balm-like texture which puzzled me at first considering it is specifically formulated for babies' delicate skin (including facial skin) but a little goes a long way and only a tiny amount is needed. I've been warming a small amount up in my fingertips and applying on top of the Rosehip oil to areas I think need a little more TLC. Smells a little medicinal but it's so super moisturising that it's worth it.


Finally Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream - absolute heaven for dry lips. I pretty much use this every single day of the year, and never travel without it. Absolutely nothing compares. And it really does last for eight hours!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment