Tuesday 24 July 2012

Out With The Old, In With The New

I was getting a little bored with the format over at Typepad and so I decided it's time for a change. But I'm still navigating my way through things so please bear with me while I continue to explore all that Blogger has to offer.
Before I get any further behind than I already am I must share my most recent restaurant experience, this time at Cottage Point Inn in the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Mr Ng and I had originally planned this luncheon with one of our favourite double-date couples at Berowra Waters Inn but unfortunately this restaurant seems to have followed the path of a number of famous Sydney restaurants and closed its doors late last month due to bad business. It seems that the list of closures just keeps getting bigger too with Becasse and Quarter 21 the most recent to go bust, although the saddest one for me personally would have to be Bilson's where Mr Ng and I celebrated straight after getting engaged.
Anyways, back to Cottage Point. We actually found out about this place through an Amex concierge who said that it was probably as close an experience to Berowra Waters Inn as you could get and he was probably right:



We were so lucky, it honestly could not have been a more picture-perfect day. Now, onto the food:








Although beautifully presented, the food didn't really blow my mind so as much as I'm glad we tried it I probably won't go back. However the view alone made the trip worth it - the location of the restaurant really makes this place one of the most beautiful dining spots any of us had ever experienced in Sydney. And the gentleman at the table next to us obviously thought so as well since he proposed to his girlfriend right in the middle of our lunch! Although geez we are a cynical bunch, as soon as she said yes we started discussing things like how high the divorce rate is, how soon they would have their first fight now that they had a wedding to plan, lol..what is wrong with us..

No comments:

Post a Comment