Friday 23 September 2011

Dermalogica

I've only used a handful of Dermalogica products over the years but I've found the few I've tried to be very gentle on my sometimes sensitive, often annoying skin. Indeed quite a number of products are must-haves for celebrities and models alike which is probably why some, such as the the Daily Microfoliant, seem to have reached cult-status (I am a sucker for products recommended by celebrities and so have a bottle of Microfoliant in my bathroom haha).



Anyways as I mentioned earlier, I picked up a couple of products on the night of FNO due to the horribly huge pimple that decided to make an appearance a day earlier smack bang in the middle of my eyebrows. It was so big that Mr Ng referred to it as my third eye.



The first product the nice sales assistant recommended was the Gentle Cream Exfoliant:



9



which I actually first heard about thanks to Lisa Eldridge's favourite skincare products video and have been eager to try. This is a kickass exfoliator for acne-prone skin due to the fact that because it does not contain any coarse granules, it does not aggravate the skin which also works out well for my redness. The only down-side to the exfoliant would probably be that because it is applied like a mask and left on for 10 minutes it may be a little time consuming for some. But I for one love applying masks and flitting about the house with all kinds of different coloured gunk on my face so it is not an issue for me (although it may be for people who have to look at me).



The second product she recommended was the Overnight Clearing Gel:



50



and this stuff REALLY works! Plus it does not dry out the skin whatsoever. This has now replaced my Ella Bache Creme Intex No.2 - the results are so much quicker and noticeable. After two days my pimple had practically gone and let me tell you, this was a mother of a pimple. The instructions say to apply a thin layer all over your cleansed face but I like to just concentrate it on my problem areas.



So I think it's safe to say that these will be making it into my hero products!



Slightly off topic, but this is the drawer for my daytime skincare products:



Sydney-20110922-00290



a bit of a mess huh. And this is only the daytime skincare drawer, there is also a nightime skincare one and another for makeup products. Funnily enough I probably only use about 1/3 of the products on a daily basis oops..time to clear out the old and make way for the new!




No comments:

Post a Comment