Friday 30 September 2011

David Jones Nail Spa - Never Again!

I never seem to learn my lesson - after vowing never to go to any other nail spa other than Blush (here) I decided to give the David Jones Nail Spa a go yesterday since I just couldn't be bothered making the hike all the way to Chatswood. BIG MISTAKE!



First impression? This place is no cleaner than your average suburban nail salon. So I thought, perhaps the high prices meant they did a good job? Not the case. The nails on my two big and two little toes were cut and filed crooked, the undercoat was applied to my hands and toes haphazardly (I'm not even sure there was an undercoat applied to my toes) and the colour was not applied evenly or even all the way to the end of the nail. NOT HAPPY!



I'm just glad that I didn't decide to go for the full $70 New York Mani/Pedi, I got the $40 mini mani/pedi combo which does not involve any cuticle cutting (thank God). Admittedly, the girl I had was lovely (if a little unprofessional) and they do what is probably the best range of OPI colours I have seen to date. But it's back to Blush for me!



I was excited to finally try out my Chanel Blue Boy though:



Sydney-20110930-00324



J'adore!




No comments:

Post a Comment