Monday 3 September 2012

Father's Day 2012 at Sake

I just blinked and now it's Spring! Hands down my favourite season of the year. And with the beginning of Spring comes Father's Day which we decided to celebrate this time round at Sake at The Rocks which we've all been wanting to try for quite some time now.


I'll be honest and say I wasn't getting my hopes up considering the pretty bad experience we had at Sokyo last month but what thankfully this place was good! Because there were quite a few of us, to make things easier we ordered the Chef's Selection banquet at $110 per person (it's an extra $35 pp with matching sake). There was also the choice of a cheaper banquet or a special 'Cherry Blossom' banquet available for this month only but frankly, the dishes in the Chef's Selection sounded much better. And it was a great choice:

super flavoursome crab salad to start
wagyu tartar - odd texture but good taste
cod lettuce cups
steamed prawn dumplings - such a generous portion of this, think we had about 3/4 each
ocean trout - was getting pretty full round about now
lobster tempura 
nigiri and sushi (and miso soup)
red bean mocha with black sugar ice cream and butter pastry crunch - probably my least favourite dish but I was so full by this point I didn't really mind

Even before we had started our meal Mr Ng told me he'd like to go back just the two of us since the atmosphere of the restaurant is really quite nice, so hopefully we'll be able to try the a la carte next time.

Just finally, off topic but over the weekend Mr Ng and I went to visit Taronga Zoo since they were having a buy one get one free promotion for Saturday only. And I think I may have discovered my favourite spot in Sydney:


What a view. Perfect spot for a proposal, no?

this guy agrees with me hehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment