Sunday 22 April 2012

Oops..

I have been so seriously lazy and have been neglecting my blogging for quite some time now so I thought I better get off my ass and finally do something about it!


So let's see what's been happening..Easter has come and gone and this year Mr Ng and I had a very quiet one - unlike last year's super short trip to HK over the Easter weekend to sort out the wedding invites (how sad, no more wedding to plan so we can't use that excuse to bugger off to HK for four nights anymore).


Anyways, Easter of course consisted of the consumption of many a hot cross bun:


IMG-20120405-01057


as well as the demolition of too many chocolate eggs, including the obligatory giant egg from Mr Ng which I only just managed to finish today:


IMG-20120406-01061


I informed Mr Ng last year that I had decided it would be a good idea for him to gift me an awesome egg every Easter (much to his protests that only fathers should need to buy Easter eggs for their daughters, although I have no idea where he got that from) so it will be interesting to see if he's able to keep it up in the years to come. However I must give him credit for this year's superb choice, it managed to trump last year's Darrell Lea giant egg both in taste AND weight!


Ok, what else..unfortunately the Manolo's that I mentioned here had to go back as they were slightly too big and all the smaller sizes had already sold out. Quite sad as it really is such a beautiful shoe with the style being very similar to the CL Pigalles (no wonder I was drawn to them!)


On a side note, this is the first time I have ordered something online from Saks and I have to say I am quite impressed. When a return is required all you have to do is email Customer Service for your RMA and they'll email you back all the documentation required (they responded to my email within half an hour) which you then simply pass on to DHL. And although the processing of the return is definitely not as fast as Net-A-Porter you are credited the exact same amount in the currency you originally paid in - however this is minus the new shipping charges for the return which you are informed of when you receive your RMA (which in my case was AUD43, so significantly more than the AUD19.95 express shipping which I originally paid). But considering I was expecting the return process to be more like Shopbop's where international shoppers are required to organise the entire return themselves through their country's postal service, I was nevertheless quite impressed. If Saks continues to have express shipping promotions then I will no doubt be purchasing more from there in the future.


While I'm on the subject of shoes, I also ordered this pair of fluorescent pink Pigalles from Net-A-Porter (the description is accurate however the picture is very decieiving - these are such a bright shade of pink they practially glow in the dark) however I made the mistake of taking the sizing advice and ordering one full size up from my normal size which turned out to be way too huge. So back they went as well. I've found NAP sizing advice to be very hit and miss so it's good that they have such an easy and efficient returns system.


Well that's all for now. Next up - a short trip to Adelaide!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment