Thursday 26 April 2012

Avene To The Rescue

Before I move on to Adelaide, I thought I would quickly post about a couple of the products that have literally saved my skin over the last few weeks. A little over a month ago my skin was having a really strange reaction to pretty much all of my products, many of which I've been using for more than a year now and have never had any problems with. Thankfully there were no issues with my beloved MV Organics cleanser but when I moisturised it felt as if nothing was penetrating at all. And even when I spritzed with rosewater before moisturing, my skin still felt tight and started to look all red and blotchy. MV's rose soothing and protective moisturiser, Darphin's redness relief recovery cream and even Pai's rosehip bioregenrate fruit and seed oil (which had actually cleared up some weird dry patches that appeared on my cheeks just the week before) all failed to work. And when I attempted to apply sunscreen on top it just would not go on smoothly and would start pilling all over the place.  Sunsense, Neutrogena ultra sheer, La Roche Posay, even Cetaphil simply would not work. I couldn't even attempt to cover the splotchiness with tinted moisturiser because it too would just pill off.


I was pretty much at my wit's end when I remembered that I had purchased a small can of Avene's Thermal Spring Water as well as a tube of their Skin Recovery Cream a few months ago (which I bought on a whim after reading a great review and had barely used as usual) and seeing as how the products are specifically made for 'sensitive and intolerant skin' I figured they would be perfect. And they were! From the very first application the redness diminished and my skin actually felt hydrated. And within 24 hours it actually started to look the way it does during my one awesome good skin week I usually have per month.


I have honestly NEVER tried any products before that worked so quickly. And if it weren't for my semi-product ban due to the "amount of crap" (in Mr Ng's words) that I currently have in my drawer, I would've already gone and bought a whole bunch of other Avene products (I've got my eye on the Eluage Eye Contour Care, the Diroseal and the Cold Cream Body Lotion to name a few..). Looks like Avene products will now become a big part of the essential skincare items I can't live without.


IMG-20120426-01111



No comments:

Post a Comment