Monday 29 October 2012

Happy Halloween!

Tomorrow is Halloween, a time of the year I have honestly never cared less about throughout my entire life. But it was this time last year that my Mum and I were heading to New York and so from this year onwards I have decided to celebrate the anniversary of that trip by celebrating Halloween! And it's just not Halloween without some pumpkin carving:

 The pickings were pretty slim at Coles but this was the nicest one we could find weighing in at a good 6kg

 Off with its head!

 Keeping it nice and simple for our very first carving experience - one of Martha Stewart's designs

 Done!


A big thank you to Mr Ng for actually doing all the hard work while I supervised haha..
I've been waking up these past few mornings half expecting some feral animal to be chewing on it but so far soaking the entire pumpkin in bleach for 30 minutes has managed to keep it safe (for now). And hopefully the Vaseline we smeared all over the exposed areas will keep it from turning brown before tomorrow.

Happy Halloween everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment