Friday 19 August 2011

Hero Products

It's been a terrible week this week, absolutely can't stand work anymore and cannot wait to quit and what's more, my skin has been wreaking absolute havoc on me.
Every month I usually get at least one big pimple, although ever since I started swiping on Ella Bache's Intensive Balancing Lotion after cleansing morning and evening the severity of the pimples has been greatly reduced. But it all turned to crap this week when I noticed my forehead was starting to get bumpy (something which hasn't happened since high school!) and three big pimples popped up on different areas of my face. Not only that but my redness worsened (I have mild rosacea on my cheeks). So naturally, I started to freak out.
Thankfully over the years I've managed to discover a few products which have never failed me in times of need and so I cut out all the makeup and skincare products I have been playing around with for the past few weeks and switched exclusively to what i will call my 'hero' ones.



My #1 hero product - Chantecaille's Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask:



70070lg



I discovered this way back in 2007 on Beauty Snob and it has been in my arsenal of products ever since. I left this on for a few hours the other afternoon after a particularly stressful day and as soon as I took it off, my redness had diminished considerably and my pimples had noticeably decreased in size. I LOVE this stuff.
I read recently in an article about Olivia Chantecaille (the brand's creative director) that she applies a layer of this on to her face every time she is on a long haul flight to ensure her skin is in great condition when she lands so I'm eager to do this too the next time I fly - much to Mr Ng's dismay haha..but he's just gonna have to get used to it. I've said this before and I'll say it again: as I approach 30 I will not be holding back!



My #2 hero product - MV Organic's Gentle Cream Cleanser:



Gentle-cleanser-70



A few years ago I was ready for a change (product-wise). I was relying on Cetaphil cleansers and moisturisers to keep my rosacea in check and my acne at bay and although Cetaphil did a great job at doing both things, I wanted something that cleansed a little more thoroughly and moisturised a little more. My sister recommended I try out some organic brands and so after a bit of research I settled on MV Organic Skincare which seemed to have rave reviews. And man am I glad I did because the Gentle Cream Cleanser is the bomb. I first purchased this in 2009 and it was the only cleanser I used for two years straight. But typically of me, I got bored towards the beginning of this year and decided to experiment with other cleansers. But as soon as my skin started playing up this week I knew I had to repurchase this. It's no exaggeration that skin feels so calm and soothed afterwards, I am never switching cleansers again!



And my #3 hero product - MV Organic's Rose Soothing and Protective Moisturiser:



Rose-smoothing-70ml-large



Upon application of the Rose Moisturiser, my skin feels instantly soothed and smooth (although in the Winter I like to use a moisturising sunscreen on top). If my skin plays up, I will use this moisturiser exclusively morning and night and without fail my complexion will return to normal within a few days.
A little off topic but I gifted the MV products to one of my friends a while ago which she tried during her second pregnancy when her hormones decided to screw with her skin and she said that these were the only products that successfully calmed it down. So there you go!



No doubt over the next few decades I will be adding alot more things to my Hero Products but these are my favourites for now for my still hormonally-affected skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment