Monday 13 August 2012

Malaysia, June 2012

This post is now almost 2 months late but I suppose better late than never! It was a short and extremely HOT 5 nights in KL, and a trip which I honestly hadn't been looking forward to too much seeing as how I had just been back in January after the wedding but it turned out to be quite fruitful indeed ;)
As is always the case in Malaysia, there was of course plenty of eating:

food from my favourite food court in KL - Pavilion's Food Republic 

from the not so great food court in KLCC

seriously good food (as well as waiter-skills) at Village Park

 cendol at Jonker Street in Melaka

dinner in Melaka

And of course no trip to Asia is complete without a day spa visit, this time at the Angsana Spa located at the Crowne Plaza Mutiara. The spa is absolutely huge and covers the entire 5th floor of the hotel:

 nice touches in the bathroom
tea and fruits at the end of our treatment

Both my mum and I had the 'Essentials' package which consisted of a 1hour massage and a 1hour facial and we both left totally relaxed and truly impressed. But we both agreed that the massage was definitely the standout of the two treatments, probably because all the the therapists who work here are trained in Thailand. This place definitely beats the spa at the Mandarin Oriental which we tried last year. 

And now on to the best part of the trip - the shopping! Coincidentally (or perhaps on purpose lol) our past trips have always fallen within the haly-yearly sale periods and this trip was no exception:

 my new favourite heels, made out of super soft lambskin - and 70% off!
always room for more red in my life
my first pair of French Soles and they are most comfortable flats EVER, so in love..

Finally, can I just say how awesome the Golden Lounge is at KLIA?!

all-you-can-eat (or all-you-can-manage before getting on a plane) Haagen Dazs!

What a way to end the trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment